The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 9 September 2012

Durham Big Ride, my first medal :-)

me and hubby
Ok, so its been a while since I have posted.  I doesnt mean the journey isnt continuing or that I have given up......my life is just so packed out with things to do that I forget to blog it!

Start of the ride,
I am at the bottom right of the photo!
During the summer holidays I got the chance to go out with hubby on the bikes as the children went to stay at nannas house.  That was after he bought a new bike, a better bike than me I must add and it weighs nothing compared to mine!  We went out on a couple of small rides approx 5 miles and approx 15 miles...........not too shabby, then we decided to enter Durham big ride on the 4th September.  I really should have planned this a bit better.........it was uphill, uphill and more uphill..... in hindsight maybe its a good job I didnt look otherwise I would maybe have been put off!!  But all I want to say is after a tough uphill ride, with short sharp downhill sections before more gruelling uphill sections.............I did it, I might have taken my time, I might have been a bit slow but I managed to get my first cycling medal and I am proud.............it was only 25 miles but it was the toughest 25 miles I think I have done so far!

Tough Iverston bank, I couldnt do it :-( (this time!)




My First Cycling Medal!

No comments:

Post a Comment