The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Tuesday 26 June 2012

A goal post reached with a little help from my friends :-)

Well, I am a bit dissapointed that ever since I got back into the riding again and bought some new cycling gear the weather has turned and it is more like monsoon season!!  I can only hope that we will get a bit of a warmer spell to follow :-s  Oh well!!  On the positive I have finally rached £2000 of fundraising, after holding my event my friend held an open house jewellery sale for me and kindly donated a portion of sales to my efforts, her total was a fabulous £50 towards my efforts and I would like to say a huge Thank you to Eve Gates at Vintage Jewels and JessieRose jewels which can be found on facebook https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/jewelsbyJessieRose .

I was so close to the £2000 hurdle, only £45 to go....I posted a link on fb and thanks to a very kind friend (Sarah!!)  I have finally reached the hurdle!!!  I am astounded at my efforts, totally gobsmacked and on a high!!  My mum would be so proud!!  So now, all I need is some nice weather?!?!  .............................

No comments:

Post a Comment