The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Wednesday 20 June 2012

A teeny weeny ride with my baby ;-)

Well Ok, so its no marathon and not a huge chunk towards my training but I have to post that I went out for a ride with my baby, ok he is 6, but in comparison to his twin sister he is a bit immature for his age and loves to be ran after left right and centre and anything that is an effort, is not for little Dan!  I didnt have great expectations for a distance, I live in a realatively hilly area and didnt fancy going to far down a hill because I knew he would not be a happy bunny when it came to going back up it again.......also he hasnt mastered the art of brakes yet and stopping using his toes not only costs me a fortune in shoes but I hadn't got my first aid kit with me! 


Not the best, but I didnt notice the phone case till after!



So I decided staying on my estate would be a good idea, just going round on the footpaths and keeping him safe, he is still a bit wobbly and I thought going down the muddy hill to the tracks would be a bit tough for him and I didnt want to put him off!  We managed to do a teeny weeny 1.5km but a marathon for Danny, so I am pleased and so is he........I would have loved to have gone further but that fact I am getting out to play again is a positive!

I have rode to work and back everyday this week too, which is still time being logged up on my bike hours......................

 Tommorow is Adams turn he wants to do 10km too, so its slowly clocking up my km this week   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment