The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Time is not my enemy!

Ok, so why have I suddenly made this realisation?  Well......the day after my event was a hungover and very packed day, yet Jean and I managed to fit in a small bike ride and I felt on such a high I knew I had to do it again soon!  Another promise I made Jean was that I would take small steps to change little things in my day and the first change was that I would have breakfast!!  A very small step yet I didnt realise how much this small step would change my day!  I have all of a sudden got energy, OK so it sounds like a simple equation ..eating equals energy but to be honest as a working mum of four young children with the trials of every day life to content with, looking after myself isnt always top of my priority list and I am also not a morning person so I get up with the least time to spare (cos I love my bed!)  Anyway after day 2 of eating breakfast my energy levels are higher and I have managed to get in from work and not feel like I need to sleep!  I have got in from work done all my jobs and yesterday I managed to clean the car (an epic job!) and mow the lawn (and the neighbours!) and still sort the kids out.  So today knowing my jobs were up to date I thought it would be a good idea to try and fit in a ride albeit a small ride as hubby is on nights and Katie had her gymnastics class at 5pm, so I got out the bike and my eldest boy who's 9 asked if he could come with me...........I thought OK why not.

So after eqipping him up with his helmet off we went.........he rode on the pavements while I was on the road, it was a bit tricky at first watching him and looking after me but once we were off road and on the paths it was more relaxed and together we chatted and had a lovely pleasant ride, to be honest its not very often I get time with one of our children on their own and it was lovely to spend a bit of quality time with Jack, he was a bit slow at first but on the way back he was really putting me to shame and he was loving every minute of it!  We managed to clock up a very respectable 10km, not bad for a first ride out together, he want to do 15km next time.....looks like I have got a cycling buddy :-)  The only bit I didnt think about was that I have 4 children and since I can nly take one at a time for now, I am fully booked up for a weeks worth of riding lmao, this weight will come off and why didn't I think of this before?!? 


So back to the question, why is time not my enemy, all my excuses and reasons for not going riding over time, the kids, the weather, work and time...........not one of them is my enemy.........I only have one enemy and thats ME!  I am so good at making excuses, but in actual fact I can pop out for an hour most days, the kids can be involved with me and I will get more of my housework done because the exercise actually boosts my energy!  So............fingers crossed.....breakfast and getting out on my bike with my kids are two new things that I will continue :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment