The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Friday 3 August 2012

A lonely ride..........

Ok, so we all know its been  weeks since I have braved it out on the bike, but finally....I managed.  Its scary how time is flying and before I know it the challenge will be upon me!  6 months has passed since I signed up and in all honesty I havent worked as hard as what I should, I gave up Slimming World, hubbys shifts were erractic at work and this gave me the excuse I needed.  I gained weight surprise surprise, but I have rejoined and I am happy that although I gained I have still kept some weight off and I am not as heavy as in Feb, although I am sure I would have been so much better if I had stayed at Slimming world in the first place! 

I managed to get out on the bike, but boy it hurt!  It is unreal how a few weeks of not getting out can reduce your fitness by soooooo much :-s . I really struggled and when I got to Langley Park approx 4.5miles I really wanted to quit :-(  but my song came on my ipod, the song that spurred me on last time and the song I made my video too on youtube, and the pictures and the reason for doing this spurred me on......again.   I only managed to get to just before Lanchester, approx 7 miles from home but I felt lonely, sad and annoyed with myself.............I turned round and rode home.........a very lonely 14 miles or so...........

I got a letter from action for charity yesterday and although I have raised £2000, I still have £900 to go, but on top of that I need to raise money to pay for my airport taxes which is currently £305, my passport currently £96, any kit I need and my insurance!  OMG I still have a long road to climb and I cant let this opportunity go to waste especially when I have come so far........................I just need to use a tool which I have always struggled with in my life........motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment