The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 15 April 2012

Another anniversary, love you mum xx

Ok so what do you say, yesterday was another year dissintegrated and another year gone. It was 2 years since my mums passing, no easier than the first or the day she finally lost the fight.  I have shed many a tear in the last few days and I am sure I still will as her birthday would have been the 18th April too. :-(  I know life goes on and mum would be happy with the path I have chosen I just wish heaven had a phone so we could have a chat :-)

Evidence I did it at home!
My back wheel too :-)!
This morning I went for my bike maintainance lesson at directcarparts.co.uk and to be honest I dont think poor Lewis knew I was a dumb blond when I started, OK a dumb blond with a degree in business and a diploma in wedding planning and event management , but seriously as far as mechanical stuff is concerned I am filedin the cabinet under B for blonde!  He really tried very hard and I ummed and ahhed hoping I had a clue.....wish I thought about bringing my bike, but unfortunatly Simon had rode in on his which became a victim of my lesson, I am sorry and I hope it was fixed for hometime ;-)
back in one piece, OH YEAH!!

Simon was also kind enough to put up a poster for my upcoming event and he let me have an inner tube for me to put in my backpack (hopefully will be never needed :-)) and a nice pair of fleecy wind/chill proof gloves......no more frostbite fingers I hope :-))) fingers crossed!!

I came home with a lot more condfidence, I went into the garage and believe it or not fixed the brakes on my old bike which is currently on e-bay, I was extremely impressed I had come away with such an understanding and was really pleased an early morning had been so successfully filled.....Get Well Soon Lewis who bless him even though he felt poorly had made it in to help me :-)

I successfully managed to put my front wheel back the right way round and then took the back wheel off to fake a tyre change.  I managed to take the wheel off and deconstruct the tyre easily....it took me way more time to get it back together, but I did it, yes thats right I CHANGED IT ALL ON MY OWN! OK, so i'm excited but i have tried many times over the years and I have NEVER been able to do it!!  I can now!!

BIKE FIXED!! CHUFFED!! TY XX


So I know now even if I am many miles away from home it doesnt matter....it might take me an hour to change it, but I can change it :-)  I really appreciate the help!!!  Thank you www.directcarparts.co.uk :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love these blogs of yours Alex.Keep smiling and keep going.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ty helen :-) I love support it spurs me on:-))) xx

    ReplyDelete