The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Only 17.3km........

Well what can I say, went out on the bike again this morning and I was in pain from minute to end, if it wasn't one thing it was another! OK so I didnt quite rack up 30km but due to the head on wind it certainly was as tiring! 

As soon as I set off I wished I had more clothes on I had totally understimated the chill factor of the wind, the bike said 9 degrees but my fingers said -2!!  I nearly turned back but I knew if I did I would want to stay at home, so I carried on.  My bum was a bit saddle sore from Sundays ride and accompanied by the large bruise I achieved from falling flat on my bum in the garden on Saturday I dont think that was helping me much.  My legs felt so tired and crampy and my knee was giving me pain too........not good, but I know that setting off is the hardest bit and I thought I would soon warm-up and find it easier...I was wrong! 

Even by the time I had clocked up 7km I was still struggling and I just felt like I wanted to break down in tears :-(  The wind was strong and biting making it very hard work to continue on, I wanted to turn around a number of times and by the time I reached Langley Park I gave in to the urge and turned around.  I decided if when I was closer to home things felt a bit better I would just push on towards Esh Winning and rack up some more km that way, but in all honesty it didnt really get better and even my speed didnt increase toward home like normal because the wind was against me again?! 

The tracks were wet too which wasnt helping, muddy terrain makes pedalling twice as tough, well actually nearly impossible.........but nonetheless I am happy that I managed to do 17.3km especially since I could have given in alot sooner.  I think some new tunes on my Ipod might be needed to give me some better music to build my pace up a bit, boy I love my musicals but not sure they give me the beat I need and I think Happy Hardcore might kill me :-) 

I am seeing positive changes in my body though since I have been cycling, my legs are becoming more defined and a few of my flabby bits are toning up lmao......sorry, just being honest though.....I hope the fact I've done 43 km this week (so far with Thursday to go!) will show on the scales on Thursday night :-)  I certainly can "feel" changes so I will have to see what the scales say......  I know muscle weighs more than fat so if I dont lose I know its because I am building muscle, but the amount I still have to lose I am sure I might be able to squeeze a pound or two off!!  Fingers crossed x

Regardless,  the fact I am getting of my bottom really is helping me feel good about myself and I know at the minute this challenge seems a long way off and a distant prospect but I know I need to keep going...........and never give in :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment