The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 22 April 2012

Rain, Rain and more RAIN! a small update ...

OK, so its been a bit quiet, no post and no riding :-s not good!!  Especially since I need to test my newly changed tyre ;-)  Oh well, the weather has been pants, I have had poorly children, hubbys motorbike is broken and his snooker has taken off again!!
 
OK, so there is a bonus to hubbys bike broken and that is that I have to get off my bum walking the kids to school and back and to work and back, a decent distance everyday and certainly more than the reccomended 10,000 steps lol.  So I havent been inactive I just dont have many stories!!  I don't even want to think about the motorbike bill since we have already tried £50 worth of stuff.......so watch this space.....I want my car back!!  I haven't even been able to get my bike to the bike shop to fix my gears!!

On a HUGE plus, two newspaper reporters have got back to me about writing a story in the North East on Jean and I's journey, so hopefully it will all be positive and this time they might get my age right!!  The event I am planning is coming along nicely and I have quite a number of raffle prizes :-D  I have 45 reserved tickets I just need the pennies to start rolling in ;-) 

So even though I havent been out on my bike, I have been continuing on my journey!  and long may it continue............

No comments:

Post a Comment