The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 18 March 2012

Beat my record :-)

Ok so had a fab evening last night at Langley Park Cricket Club Fancy Dress Party for Deerness Valley football I went dressed as Snow White much to my daughters delight, alcohol flowed and plent of dancing made a very good night.  I got up this morning and the sun was shining......so I decided the hunt was on for the straps to fix the bike rack to the car......success:-) next to fit it.........success :-)........really pleased with my efforts so I decided that a bike ride was definately in order and I got sorted and went off..........I rode down to Broompark picnic area and onto the railway paths towards Esh Winning.I am starting to know that path quite well and I am getting used to the gears and when to change them.




I felt really strong and even though I was dreading the hills I managed them all quite well and felt really good, I rode all the way to Waterhouses at Esh Winning Pinic area and turned round to return home.  I knew I had already beaten my distance record as I have never been up that far on the path so after returning home and looking at my bike computer I was very happy to read 18.2km in 1hr and 30 mins :-) OK it wasnt the fastest ride but I did really enjoy it and for me right now is more about losing the weight and finding the fun in cycling, before I get really into serious training. 


So all is good, my weight is steady at the moment....but to be fair with the amount of parties, weddings and evenings out I am very happy with that....the weight will come off in time and I am happy about that..as my grandad would say "slowly slowly catchie monkey" :-)

3 comments:

  1. Well done you getting out again... I didn't get a chance either last weekend (London) or this weekend (Loch Lomond) visiting Lisa - will have to try and get out next weekend :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life just get in the way lol, but definately worth it when the chance arises and now I have fixed my bike rack I can bring it over when I come :-)for a ride out together :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to getting out together - you'll have to name a date!! xx

      Delete