The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Wednesday 14 March 2012

I feel great ..........:-)

Bit Muddy
OK well my plan went to plan this morning and I managed to get out on my bike yippee.......I dropped the kids off, came home and off I went....I'm not to keen on the roads leaving my house they are really boring and the first bit I always find tough but I love it when I get a couple of miles out of the way (I have had to guess as my bike computer is only successful in telling me the time!!) 

I can understand the reason why people wear cycling glasses now though, cos those pesky flies were aiming straight for me today not sure i'd look to swift with a nose peg on to stop the pesky blighters from going up my nostrils though :-s

I really enjoyed the ride even though my knuckles were freezing I definately need some more cycling clothing......:-/

My Bike
Ok so we all know I havent been out for a couple of weeks, I got to the first hill, changed gear, pedalled and pedalled for my life, nearly went head over heels cos my chain came off halfway up the hill...think I changed gears too late and nearly did myself an injury :-s  I was a bit gutted (put the chain back on myself :-)) but carried on............I came to the next hill this time I was prepared, I dropped gears well in advance and as I was going on the downhill I dropped down again.......on the uphill I really struggled and had to give in.  I thought oh no the last couple of weeks I have lost my stamina :-( I got back on the bike at the top of the hill tried to pedal and thought :-o this is tough looked down at the gears and I had tried to go up the hill in 3.4 ooppsie what a dope I meant to go down to 1.4 and clicked up instead! No wonder it was tough, what a dope lol. So for the rest of the ride any hills I took extra care over my gears and guess what..I managed just fine :-))))))
After 8 miles, OK my hair was a mess but I felt GREAT!
The sun was nearly out but it was a bit nippy :-0

I really felt like I could pedal forever into the sunset today but as always time was not my friend and I knew I needed to head home no later than 9.30am to make sure I could be home, washed and changed to make it to work on time........the last four minutes I really pushed harder.  I got home for just after 10am, got ready and set off for work!



Beautiful Scenery



Cold legs!
The weird thing I am finding is that although I dont like setting off, once I am going and when I get back I feel total happiness.  Even now, I am really excited to do it again on Friday :-)  I just ideally want my bike computer fixed by then.............!!!  I am guessing that I did approximately 8 miles once again, when I get my bike comp fixed I am going to push 10-12 miles...maybe Friday???

2 comments:

  1. pesky gears - I wish bikes came as 'automatics' ;) I always find the first 5 miles are horrible - then you seem to settle in and it gets a bit easier. But the first 5 always suck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally, could have easily gone further today, a bit gutted I couldnt really :-( but I will get there and I will suss the gears out......eventually lol x

    ReplyDelete