The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Friday 30 March 2012

Posters, tickets and pies ...

Poster and tickets are sorted (thanks to Sandhy Robinson-Jones).. they look brilliant - decided I'd better get sorted as I was asked for 8 at work yesterday :-)


All systems 'go' now .. please come along to the night - should be great fun .. tickets are £12 each - or £20 for 2. 
Pie and pea supper will be included  - the pies will be supplied from Wilson's Butchers at Corby Hill... everyone raved about how good they are - tried one today... they were right!!
There will be a raffle (and hopefully and auction) as I've had some really good prizes given including a meal for two at The Thin White Duke in Carlisle, a night's accommodation at Acorn Bank in Wetheral.. as well as a football (from Chivers) and Ipod docking station (from Peter Tyson's) and a Foot fish spa treatment..
The bar will be provided by Bars2U - think they're from the Penrith area
Northern Crisis are playing at the Brown Cow in Cockermouth on Easter Sunday - prior to my event .. so if you're looking for something to do over Easter check them out!!  Northern Crisis are a local band from Carlisle (a fireman, a builder, a social worker and a surveyor) - one of them (Dave Kay) I used to work with and have known for many years.  The singer I do not know - but bizarrely met his wife at DW Fitness whilst Spinning this week!!

Met with Lyndsey of DW Fitness this week.. going to have 3 Spinning Classes (back to back) on 28th April .. if all goes to plan - reckon charging £2 - £3 a class would be a reasonable price.. then need to plan the others in advance..

Today met a friend from my Garden Design Course and then went to Keswick to find something for Alex (birthday tomorrow) and called in at Keswick Mountain Bike Shop .  Looked at the helmets - mine are pretty basic and I thought it about time I got something a bit more robust.  The guy was really helpful .. there was so much kit in the shop (above a brilliant cafe Lakeland Pedlar) anyway long and short of it was I went back to the new shop to see the helmets there.  The guy I met the previous time turned out to be a part owner Andy (but wasn't in) - I met the other partner Amos who after an chat ended up giving me a pair of Endura cycling shorts and a gillet!!! He was really interested in my trip and sponsored me individually for Cuba - I got a new helmet too .. a Cannondale (special rate).. and am signed up for 10% reduction as a local.... but they may give me more - think I have to create a case.. He also invited me on the Summer Solstice event - no entry fee .. just turn up - at 6am in Keswick - says it's a very special (not too difficult) event... really fancy it - but might try it out first .. section by section perhaps..

So events and sponsorship looking good.. just want to get out on my bike tomorrow - looking forward to meeting up with Alex on the Solway.. might do another ride earlier at home - SO enjoying all of this :-))

1 comment: