The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Monday 5 March 2012

Time just isnt my friend at the moment :-(

I havent really got a lot to report at the moment, but yes I am still over the moon about this challenge and the adventure leading up to it! 

Unfortunately after taking a tumble last monday down a couple of steps I injured myself a bit more than I thought, nothing serious I just felt a bit battered and bruised, I got checked out by the dr and it was all superficial but a rest from training was a must as I was aching from hip to toe.

I am struggling a bit with my time utilisation at the moment, I need to do a bit of planning and the lighter nights will help me loads too.  Currently I am up early sorting 4 kids out for school, then after dropping them off I go to work, finish work and pick the kids up.  Nearly every night the children have extra curricular activities such as football and gymnastics which leaves me tidying up, making tea, and doing all mummy chores while making tea and delivering the children where they need to be before picking them all up, bathing them doing homeworks, washing yet more clothes and preparing the kids and house for the next day.  In the meantime on weekends they all have football and I am trying to catch up on everything I have been unable to do through the week, food shopping etc etc......I have managed to squash in a few fundraising/sponsorship e-mails, but to no avail yet.

My training is proving tough to fit in at the moment as I seem to need a few extra hours in the day, since hubby doesnt come in till after 4 or sometimes 6pm it leaves me very little time to train.  His shifts are changing for the next few weeks from 6pm till 6am so this isnt going to help me much as the best time for me to train is after the kids are sorted and now I wont have a sitter 6 nights of the week......I will work something out..........xx

No comments:

Post a Comment