The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Thursday 8 March 2012

Surely I should get 10 out of 10 for effort :-/

Well ok so things are a bit hectic at the moment as described in my last post and I have been struggling to get out on the bike :-/ not good!  Anyway hubby has been working nights and I have been dealing with all the kiddywinkles on my own and taking them to football training and such like that normally daddy would do and trying to keep up on top of the housework, going to work etc.  So last night I thought right I need to use my time more effectively and I caught up on all my housework....I was still mopping floors at 11pm but the washing was all done, the dishes were done and in general the house was looking ok......ok I couldnt hoover cos the kids were in bed and the neighbours might not have been very friendly if I had, so I had to give that a miss!  So, house done I knew I could go on a bike ride after dropping the kids off at school I would have about 1hr and 20 mins to do some serious riding I could easily fit in 8 if not 10 miles :-)...

I got to admit after a rough nights sleep (I dont sleep well when hubby isn't there) I got up in a grump and didn't want to go on a ride, hubby went of to bed in as equally a grumpy mood as we passed on the stairs..........I thought oh bugger it if I dont make the effort now I won't get back into it.  So I prepared my camelbak in my rucksack, laid out my ipod, camera and put my phone on charge, sorted out my clothes for the bike all while preparing pack lunches, dressing 4 kids, packing school bags, doing my daughters hair and so on.......so that I could drop the kids off get back, get ready and go!

The plan went well, I was all ready to rock and roll, got my bike out of the garage, helmet on, gloves on.............then I reset my bike computer......what a dope I didnt just reset it for the trip...I TOTALLY reset it so in effect it was useless as I couldnt remember the code for the wheel size of my bike meaning I would have no clue about my distance, speed or suchlike....I decided although I was a prat it wouldn't matter I had a general idea if I followed the same track I could do approx 8 miles, so I decided to carry on regardless..I put my foot on the pedal and pushed, I nearly fell off because............yes youv'e guessed it.........I had a flat tyre :-( !!!

Looking at the clock at this point it was pushing 9.30am and even if I did manage to sort it out (need hubby really! another lesson I will need to master!!)  I would not have time as I have to leave for work at 10.30!  GUTTED............so theres another tale of failure for me, first inner tube down, no sponsors for my bike :-(  SO I HAVE DECIDED to sit with a cup of black coffee, Jeremy Kyle and the internet and send out some serious e-mails.........I need sponsorship and I need it quick.....tbh my bike could do with a full service to start with :-s..........................

On the positive my weight loss must be going well (tmi) because my knickers keep falling down under my trousers!!  Sorry,  but I had to lighten the mood a bit :-)


UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  I found someone to help me maintain my bike..annnnnnnnnnnnnnd will help with fundraising woohoo.........thankyou to Simon at www.directcarparts.co.uk can't wait to meet you and get things moving :-)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment