The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 4 March 2012

Solway Firth Circuit... and where's Alex???

So on checking the weather forecast it would appear that Saturday was to be the best day for a bike ride.. FINALLY (after much sorting of new router, new Sky+ HD box etc etc) I managed to get away - only to discover I'd forgotten a) sunglasses and b) water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One I could live without - the other I certainly couldn't..

I found some stuff that I'd been told was brilliant in Asda and decided to try it - SIS Go and Rego. Go gives energy and rehydrates you and Rego puts back all the body salts etc you've lost during excercise (have to take it within 20 mins after you finishing your exercise)... seemed to work - felt much better for it.. you should try it Alex! You can get it from www.chainreactioncycles.com

So after much pushing and shoving I got the bike (in it's bag) into my car .. getting rather tedious - might have to think of an alternative!!!

Anyway, I decided on a route by the coast (near where I used to live - Port Carlisle).. completely flat - but different views (across to Scotland and the Lake District fells).  I did a 33 mile circuit (half of it I knew already).. lovely route Alex - will take you round it sometime.. could just do 16 mile loop too if you'd prefer?? The weather was a mix of sun and cloud.. but windy - quite hard work pedalling into the head wind :-) but I did it .. and in 2 hrs 38 mins... It was wonderful to get some fresh air and blow the cobwebs away...



Solway Firth

So then it was a quick disassemble of the bike to rebag it and get it in the car (aaghh!!) before driving back home to get ready to go out for a meal with work friends - some who I hadn't seen for a long time... nice day :-)

BUT... where's Alex - hardly on FB and not on here... ???  Give me a shout Alex and let me know you're alive and well... and still glad you've signed up for this trip???

1 comment:

  1. Haha, lol, yeah of course I'm still glad, just not much to report, training has taken a back seat after my fall last week, but the weight loss continues and I will soon get back into it im sure. Time just isn't my friend lol and nobody is getting back to me about sponsorship.........however it will all be good I am sure :-) x

    ReplyDelete