The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Tuesday 13 March 2012

OK...I AM going out on the bike in the morning!

OK so I have got my bike back with a big thanks once again to Simon at www.directcarparts.co.uk, it is ready to rock and roll!!!! However my bike computer is still broken thanks to my stupidity...I still need the code for my wheel size but some companies are not so helpful!! :-(......... regardless my bag is packed, including my new seat bag, with a puncture repair kit, tyre levers and a new mini bike pump to go in my rucksack with my hydration pack thanks to Simon, even though I still dont know how to repair a punture yet as I am still yet to have my maintanance lesson however.........I can certainly equip a random passer by who might be willing to help me for the time being ...or have a go myself :-).....

My biking stuff is laid out...my housework is OK ish and I am ready to go in the morning, the kids are going to breakfast club so that gives me approximately 2 hours to ride, shower, change and go to work..might be able to squeeze in 12 miles or more......shame I havent got a clue since I reset my bike computer :-/..........but since I have maps I might be able to work it out.....:-)





My weight loss has slowed temporarily, I havent given up.....but hubby is on nights and since I cant go to the class I find it harder to stick to it :-s.........I am being good but as I am so busy doing more than I would normally as hubby isnt here to help I am sometimes having to grab the "quick" option.  I have set a target to maintain my weight over the 4 weeks that hubby is on nights.......if I lose its a bonus...If I don't I know why...if I maintain then I am happy.  I didnt put my weight on overnight..it took me a number of years and to be honest I want to lose it realistically and still live my life too.......life is too short to not have any fun at all and I am hoping if I take my time over my losses...it will stay off forever!!  You might wonder what sort of food I am actuall eating so I thought I would post a couple of pictures for your to see.........
So as you can see, I'm not exactly starving its all healthy with tons of veg and wholemeal choices but yet still "proper" food :-)
Simon has asked me if I would like to take part in the Great North Bike ride in August...I am apprehensive as it seems a daunting 58 miles in a day right now....but I think I am going to give it a go......so I am going to give my training 100% to push my fitness up and give it a go.....:-)))

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention............my Medium event evening is looking to take part on the 14th June :-)


4 comments:

  1. go you! and 58 miles is achievable by June ;) Definitely try to do a spinning class once a week if possible - although how you'd fit it in I have no idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ty..Im sure I will....I never beleive I have time, yet I always achieve :-)...........I need to find spinning near me...thats the next challenge :-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do it with you... now when have I said that before!!! xx

    ReplyDelete