The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 11 March 2012

Poorly bike gone for an MOT.......

OK so its not really that poorly it's only got a flat tyre, but after my visit today to see Simon at Direct Car Parts in Durham today to discuss how he could help me, he's kept hold of it to repair it and see what else he can do to help me. I would like to say a great big thank you..a very kind man who is going well out of his way to ensure my bike is safe and ready for the long journeys ahead :-) Simon is going to let me have a lesson in bike maintainence so I can learn to fix the bike on my journeys if I need to. He is also going to ask his suppliers if they would be kind enough to donate any clothing or freebies that may help me on my way......a huge thank you because as a complete novice I have only got the bare essentials and every bit helps me a huge amount!

I also picked up some maps today with the rabbit warren of cycling routes on, I have found a few circuits I would like to try to start with, only 12 miles but there are so many more as I progress in my proficiency and I am excited to get my bike back...I just need to fathom out how to put my bike rack on the car again, I haven't tried since we got our new car and I am not entirely sure how we did it the last time :-/ and since we've moved house I might need to locate all the straps....but I will give it a go at some point this week :-)

I still have a pretty useless bike computer as I cannot find the codes grrr and the company havent got back to me.....useless lol..........will have to give them a ring at some point this week....It's pretty useless without them!

I would definitely recommend http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/ in Durham, very helpful and friendly. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment