The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Sunday 26 February 2012

158.6 miles on a bike.........;-p

Well ok so the title says it all, this weekend I did 158.6 miles on a bike!!  OK sounds great but only 8.4 of them were on a push bike ;-p

This weekend hubby and I were invited for a night out in York, ok so not great for the diet or the bank balance but it was extremely good fun with extremely good company and life is too short not to have fun :-)

So hubby and I went down and back on the motorbike, such freedom and fun loved every minute, peaceful and beautiful scenery even if it was a bit windy and my legs kept going into cramp.  Anyway we had a fabulous laugh and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I felt a tad guilty for not doing my training so when we got back home I changed into my cycling gear, left hubby with the kids and went out for some cycling :-) I went a different route which had a lovely downhill to start with then joined my normal cycling route a bit further down, then rode towards Esh and clocked up some mileage, I was very proud of myself as I cycled up every hill and didnt get off until the last bit which is a trek across a muddy field and impassable on the bike.  I actually felt like a cyclist today, yeah I was out of breath at times but at other times I enjoyed "playing" on my bike, I love that childish side of it :-)

I racked up a very repectful 8.4 miles and did that in a very respectful 50 mins approx so I was very pleased.  Oh, did I mention I rode up all the hills ;-p 

I still havent had any luck with sponsorship although I am meeting more and more people with "connections" so hopefully I can raise the money........well I better go and get sorted because in 50 minutes my son will be having all his friends round for a birthday party...no rest for the wicked :-)


Oh and P.S. there was only one downside to the weekend....I look awful on all of the photographs.....FAT I think its called.........furthermore a taxi driver shouted "fatty" at me while crossing the road and do you know what? It really hurt my feelings :-(!!  But like my husband said, I need to use that "hurt" positively and keep going :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment