The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Friday 17 February 2012

I need catch up...

aaarrghh think I will have to catch up quick the last physical effort I made was approx a year ago...very naughty I know....but it was....

On the positive I have finally bought a bike, probably will never fit in my car but I do have a bike rack also I have bought a helmet, gloves and cycling shorts which pretty much only leaves a water bottle to get and a slight amount on my credit card :-s..

Oh well all in a good cause............I am gonna need to get sum training in to achieve what Jean has planned for me but it is all in a good cause, and I will make every effort to achieve!!!

My grandad has sponsored me £100 to do the bike ride.....I think he thinks it wont happen......I agree right now his money is safe......but.....not for long :-)...........and a good amount to the sponsorship total...thankyou grandad :-)

Training will begin soon :-)................x

2 comments:

  1. Busy girl.. what type of bike did you get?? And generous Grandfather.. does he want to sponsor me too???

    Don't forget a bike pump and repair kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop making my list longer jean lol..got a repair kit shame I need my husband to fix it though.he will have to come with me...I bought a raleigh AT20...hubbys choice its an all terain jobby with 24 gears and very light...which is good cos the one I got is like a rock! Got a bike pump too :-) not one I can take round with me at the mo, but Im not getting very far lol so I got hubby on call atm :-) x

    ReplyDelete