The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Thursday 16 February 2012

No such thing as failure, its just a blip in my journey!

Ok so this week hasnt quite gone to plan I've eaten loads, drank loads and its half term so the kids are at their grandparents so my exercise running around after them has stopped. The laws of body physics say the scales have to go up.......and they did by 1.5lbs :-(. The old me who had nothing to aim for and the glass half empty attitude in me would said sod it, I would have given up and never gone back to SW resulting in another failure.

However this new me, this positive person, this glass half full attitude merely sees it as a blip in my journey, my lifes journey and the next step towards a happy healthier life. I cant tell you why this time it is different, but it is. I have accepted that my past is my past (maybe its because I told some people exactly what a waste of space they are and how much I dont need them in my life!!) maybe its my new house, my new job and the fact I am for once in my life feeling satisfied as a person, a mother, a wife and I can actually say hand on heart I am HAPPY :-). I dont really know the reason but all I do know is I have been the only one holding me back from acheiving in my life, my doubt, my lack of confidence in myself and my achievements and the fact I always worried to much about what other people thought about me.

So 1.5lbs in perspective is nothing in the great scheme of things and tommorow is another day.

Anyway, on the subject this blog is actually about.......so far I have managed to raise £110 sponsorship and I have my fingers in a few pies to arrange events to raise money towards my sponsorship. I am still in need of a bike at some point but my bike will be ok for the time being I will just stay away from any steep hills due to my lack of brakes otherwise I will be having to put my feet down and scuff my shoes like I used to when I was a kid :-)

No such thing as failure............;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment