The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Wednesday 22 February 2012

DW Fitness sponsorship!!

So first of all I'm having problems with my router (again!!!) and can only get onto Google or this Blog.. I can't reset the IP address - could start rebooting it .. but whilst I can at least get on here I'll do an update.  Then try and reboot it.. and failing that talk to Ricky my IT guru at work tomorrow... this router drives me to distraction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the good news - yesterday I went to the DW with a girl from work who told me they'd sponsored a friend of hers... nothing ventured, nothing gained (as they say) so I asked to see the manager.  Upshot of it is they will sponsor me provided I put their name on posters (now I'm not sure if that's just in their gym.. and I'm not sure if AFC aro OK with that - will ask them tomorrow)... If it is all acceptable then DW will let me have sessions (classes) every 2 or 3 months e.g. Spinning or Bodycombat - the instructor gives their time (for free - if I ask and they agree) and then I can charge £5 a head and get all the money!! They can have 25 bikes at a time for Spinning and about 30 in Bodycombat.. so upwards of £150 a go!!! He said they'd done it last year for someone and easily filled the classes - despite the charge!! He also said we could have a day Spinning where people have a half hour slot on a bike (a relay really) with a bucket beside them - this got £400 last time they did it!!!  And anything else I can think of... provided also I have a big poster (photo!!!) in the gym :-( .... but hey ho good way of getting money!!  Tonight I went to Spinning and Power Yoga and both my instructors are very keen to help out - as is the girl from Bodypump...  Just waiting for an email from DW telling me what they want so I can ask AFC if acceptable... then posters I guess..

I also had a bit of a sucess whilst in town (Carlisle) today.... I'd decided I was going to do a raffle and would try for 'good prizes'.. walked past a resteraunt always went to (years ago).. saw the owner and asked - if I take my proof of event in he's going to give me a voucher for a meal :-)... need to get some more like that!!! He's also going to let me have the room upstairs for a Quiz Night (and food) for people from work sometime...  on a roll :-)

So now just need to get the internet fixed and I can see what's happing in FB world - feel like I'm missing out on lots at the moment... :-(

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jean you are doing way better than me WELL DONE!!!! no-one is getting back to me :-(.....I wonder if there is a DW fitness near me lol. I am off to get a bike computer this morning and then I can train properly.........got to go out this afternoon at some point so I will update on here xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked and unfortunately they only have ones in Byker, Middlesborough, North Shields and Sunderland :-(
    They are being really good though and have just donated a month's temporary membership for my raffle :-)
    I couldn't resist buying a bike computer from Asda today.. not sure how good it'll be, and I do like my app - but it'll be nice to see it on my handlebars infront of me
    xx

    ReplyDelete