The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Thursday 23 February 2012

Got lots of new toys so had to go out to play......

Well in the last couple of days my new bike arrived and hubby kindly put it together for me, its amazingly light compared to my old bike and the gears actually change when you want them too the only thing I might have to get used to is the new saddle which for some reason feels a tad bony lol.might need to change saddles but I will see how it goes.  Luckily I also picked up a parcel from the post office yesterday containing my new helmet, padded pants and some cyling gloves...I think im even starting to look the part :-)

This morning before work I also took a trip to the shops to pick up a new bike computer, and a camelback water bag and a waterbottle seemd to fall in my basket too, I could have very easily spent a fortune on bits and bobs...still need lights, a small bike pump, some decent cycling tops/jackets etc, OS maps of the area and the list goes on really....I am not getting carried away ;-)

I should really mention its my sons birthday and its been a busy day but after finishing work I came straight home to get ready for my training, scary thing is I was looking forward to doing it and knowing I would feel so much better for doing it.  I got changed and put on my new padded shorts, well I have to say that is an experience I havent had for a very very long time, it felt like wearing a nappy!  I fitted my bike computer to the bike and set off.

I felt amazing good to be honest, no pain today and I actually felt quite strong! :-)  I rode of the estate and set off on the path that I have found I quite like (the flat (ish) one)!!  I rode up the hills, well most of them, slowly puffing and panting but I did it!!  I came to the point I turned around at on Tuesday and when I glanced down was totally gutted to find I had only ridden 2.6 miles which means on Tues I had only ridden 5.2 miles instead of the actual 8 miles I had originaly thought :-( but instead of stopping there I made myself continue on further....unfortunatley time wasnt on my side and as dusk was quickly approaching I didnt want to be in the woods alone when it got dark, so reluctantly I turned around to head home.

When I was approaching the home straight and my turning was coming for home, I decided to push myself one last time and I carried on straight following the path to its conclusion at Broompark Picnic area before looping back round for home again pushing my total ride to 8.6miles :-)  Ok it wasnt quite 10 miles, but if it wasnt getting dark and I didnt have to go home for the kids I honestly felt like I could of carried on so that in itself has to be a bonus!!

I had my dreaded fat club class tonight and I am proud to report a 2.5lb loss which is 12lbs in total....its  coming off yey!! :-)  Really chuffed and I feel so happy and positive :-)  My kind consultant at SW has also made a huge display for me to put a sponsorship form on so I am really pleased and people were asking if they could sponsor me too, good good, I need all the help I can get since no body else is getting back to me about sponsorship :-( . 

No comments:

Post a Comment