The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Saturday 18 February 2012

BikeSeven- agree to sponsor me :-)

So today I went to the bike shop in Longtown where I bought my bike a Winora Dubai in May last year.. it is small independant business that sell, repair and service bikes and offer advice re: bikes or trails.  I was looking for a hat to keep the cold off my head that would fit under my helmet.. I ended up with a skull cap that felt very snug - with a bit of luck will try it out tomorrow.  Anyway, I told them what I was doing .. they were very interested and basically when I work out what I want them to do they'll help (whether it be a cash donation, raffle gift or anything else I can think of).. they offered to provide back up support (inner tubes etc) for any long distance trips we may tackle prior to the 'big' event.  They asked me to keep them posted of our plans.. very helpful.

Just had a look on their website and see they are having a Mountain Bike demonstration in Newcastleton on 3rd and 4th March.. bound to be loads of people there... wonder if they'd mind me popping along and trying to get some sponsors... mmmm think I'll drop them an email..

So didn't get out today.. did buy some more cycling leggings and tops.. never have too many!!! But I think weather permitting tomorrow I might just get out again.. just checked forecast - looks sunny but very cold.  Still if I pedal fast enough I'll keep warm... and I've got my new hat - must remember my gloves :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment