The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Tuesday 21 February 2012

On the way home...........

So after 40 mins I was really tiring and my pace had slowed right down so I thought I would share my view. Ok so its a bit wobbly and I was hoping I wouldnt fall off my bike, but at least you know I really did go out there and I didn't just download pics off the internet, mind you my dodgy photography proves that because I was so tired I couldnt even shoot the camera straight :-/ ............

Its wierd because even though it hurt and when I got back I felt like a failure but right now (9 hours later) I suppose the "feel good" factor has kicked in because I am glad I went, I really hope it get easier though because currently I feel like I am riding through a brick wall constantly :-/.........I also hope my weight loss is good this week for all of my efforts!! I have got an operation coming up in 7 weeks and 1 day......I told the surgeon I would make every effort to lose as much weight as I could before surgery.....its nothing serious, I am just getting sterilised, so no more kiddywinks :-).....there is the potential to lose a stone before then but I am hoping with the extra excercise it could be more :-)

2 comments:

  1. It DOES get easier honest... stick with it :-) I remember the first time I went on my bike and how dead I felt after a very short distance.. never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd manage 45 miles (my best to date!!).. but I did and loved it. The more weight you lose too the easier it will become - another incentive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you....im sure it will, lets hope my weight loss is good when I weigh in tommorow :-) x

    ReplyDelete