The Epic Begins....

Alex and I will be partaking in a 'Women v Cancer' cycle ride - a mere 400km across Cuba. The funds raised will be divided equally between: Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.. some money will also be donated to help women fight cancer in Cuba....

So NOW all we need to do is ... get fit ... and raise £3,000 each.... Oh yes, and Alex will be losing weight too :-)

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Not the best ride ever...but I did it :-)





I have to praise myself for having the get up and go after dropping my kids off at school for the day to get my bike out for another ride......how did I feel when I first set off?? Like crying if I'm honest!! My thighs are burning with fatigue and my calfs were joining in sympathetically, but I still pushed on.....the new programme on my ipod seemed to be monitoring my distance so I cycled away but on leaving my estate I realised the distance had stuck at .56 miles and wasnt budging..grrrrrr....I continued on a different route today...very muddy to say the least but the child in me started to come out a little while I was skidding on the muddy banks and messing with my back brakes :-) .
I carried on cycling all be it a bit slow and I was in pain I decided I wasnt going to let myself down and that I would follow the path until the time said 30 mins then return home meaning although I wasnt necerssarily going to beat my distance record, I was doing an hour worth of cardio exercise even while I was struggling........
Once again the scenery was beautiful and luckily I had remembered my camera today :-).....the path I was following was a much flatter and in my opinion for the level I am at a much better route :-) There were a couple of steepish hills and I successfully cycled to the top of nearly two of them....I say nearly but on my second hill just seconds from the top my chain came off and I nearly did myself an injury :-s
My gears started crunching for the rest of the way and I decided not to try anymore hills until my new bike comes because I didnt fancy being stuck in the middle of no where with a broken bike or even worse a broken bone :-o
Anyway I gotta mention on this ride I also started feeling extremely queasy not sure if that is normal or not but I honestly thought I was going to have to stop and be sick :-s
Not the best ride today, but at least I made the effort and I did an hour of exercise :-).......lets hope Thursday is a better ride ......

No comments:

Post a Comment